Thursday, August 11, 2011

To win a war, you gotta become war.

Ah, the wise words of Sylvester Stallone as Rambo. We gym goers battle it out every day, from fighting off the temptation to eat junk food, to destroying our muscles through our workouts. Like any good General in a war would tell you, one of the best ways to win is to have a great strategy or plan of action! What are some good strategical maneuvers you might ask? Well I'm here to enlighten you on the subject. One of the greatest ways to see results is to track and log everything. Planning your eating regimen, writing up a workout plan, logging your weight through out your progress, taking measurements and body fat percentage, etc.


Here is an example of my day to day eating habits through my "getting back on track" process.
Breakfast -

3/4 cup egg white
4 slices turkey bacon
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup blueberries




Snack -

250g greek yogurt 0%
1 scoop casein protein

Lunch -

8 oz. chicken tenderloins
2 cups spinach (cooked)
1 cup cottage cheese/fat free

Pre workout -

2 scoops whey protein
8 oz. water

Post workout -

2 scoops whey protein
40g dextrose
10 oz. water

Dinner -

8 oz. chicken tenderloins (optional with tilapia fillet) 
2 cups broccoli
3 tbsp hummus (for broccoli dip)

Before bed -

1 scoop casein protein
(optional with 150g greek yogurt 0%)

Totals : Calories 2249
Fat - 22g
Sodium - 3986mg
Carbs - 181g
Sugar - 52g
Fiber - 27g
Protein - 341g

Alright, now that I have the battle front on my eating moving forward I'll have to get my workouts spot on as well. Making sure the fuel (food) I'm feeding my body goes to good use.

Remember this, the battle might be won, but the war is far from over!


No comments:

Post a Comment